Chemical peel. It is a chemical exfoliation to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, pigmentation, acne scars, refine pore size and oil production, smooth and soften skin
What is a chemical peel?
- A chemical peel is a skin-resurfacing procedure in which a chemical solution is applied to the skin to remove the top layers. The skin that grows back after a chemical peel is smoother and younger looking.
- Chemical peels can be done at different depths — light, medium or deep — depending on your desired results. Each type of chemical peel uses a different chemical solution. Deeper chemical peels produce more-dramatic results, but also involve longer recovery times.
What are some of the benefits of chemical peels?
- Chemical peels increase cellular turnover, refines the epidermis¸ and helps with uneven skin tones.
- It may lessen the appearance of epidermal lines, epidermal pigmentation, reduce frequency and severity of acne (however it may increase acne during the first few treatments), eliminate dry skin (lactic), refine pore size and oil production, reduce keratosis, soften and smoothen skin.
What is the time frame and how many treatments?
- Acne patients should return every 7-10 days until concerns are limited.
- Other patients should return every 2-3 weeks
- Maintenance is 1-2 months
- In order to see a significant difference 4-6 treatments are necessary
- Home routine must be followed diligently in order to achieve maximum results.
B: Facial Reflexology
Facial Reflexology aims to relax and help remove stress by assisting the body to heal and
rebalance itself. During facial reflexology gentle pressure is applied to the different reflex zones
and reflexology points on the face. We believe these points directly relate to areas of the body.
Facial reflexology encourages a healthy blood and lymph flow and stimulates Collagen and
elastin, therefore, helping your skin to rejuvenate and minimize the appearance of ageing lines.
Facial Reflexology works on the principle of following the reflex zones that run throughout our
bodies. The Reflexology treatment is combined with a unique face massage that incorporates the
most effective natural face-lifting techniques to invigorate every muscle, lift the face and smooth
out wrinkles. Special attention is paid to the eyes, cheeks and jawline. During the treatment, the
therapist will sometimes use a non-invasive tool such as a roller as well as her fingers, to
stimulate the skin and nerve endings.
Pure organic carrier oils are used during the facial reflexology treatment which help your skin to glow. The essential oils added to the carrier oils work on your sense of smell and their antioxidant qualities work to treat your skin and protect it from the harsh effects of the autumn and winter weather, as well as the damaging effects of the summer sun. As the face is closer to our brain than the feet, treatments seem to have a quicker reaction. As our face is the first part of us that people see, it is only natural for us to want to look and feel at our best.
During this step:
- lowered stress and anxiety
- Better overall health
- Improved injury healing
- Reduce insomnia in test subjects.
Contraindications/ factors that may affect skin
- Accutane use within 12 months
- Collagen injections within 3 weeks
- Facial surgery within 8 weeks
- Laser treatment within 3 weeks
- Electrolysis within 7 days
- Cold sores-peels may cause outbreak
- Pregnant or lactating
- Hair chemical -7-day post hair colour
- Waxing/depilatories - 2 weeks after chemical peels client can wax; 2 weeks before client can was
- Retinols and retinoid-discontinue use for 7 days prior